The American Programmer
Sample COBOL, REXX and SQL code
For samples of programming code, go here:
IDCAMS Program Examples
Syncsort SORT Program Examples IERRCO00
REXX Language Programming: Bubble Sort
Here is some good, working SQL, REXX and COBOL code for you to use.
You may not resell any of this or claim that it's your own.
- How to do a 'bubble' sort in REXX
- Use REXX to search ONE PDS/library to find a specific string
- Use REXX to read 'printed' output of jobs in held output queue
- Use REXX to format a number nicely
- Use REXX to format a number with dollar sign
- Use REXX to put data into specific columns
- Use REXX to count records or members
- Use REXX to give word frequency in a file
- Use REXX to find a member in a concatenation of libraries
- Use REXX to match two input files, produce 3 output files: NOCHANGE, ADDED, DELETED
- Use REXX as a random password generator
- Use REXX to find out what your telephone number spells?
- Use REXX to display random lottery numbers
- Use REXX to capture TSO Command output in a file
- Use REXX to convert Relative GDG DSN to Absolute
- Use REXX to print from inside of QMF (QMF REXX Proc)
- Use REXX as an Edit macro. Swap column ranges
- Use REXX as an Edit macro. Insert one blank in a specified column on all or some records
- Use REXX as an Edit macro. Find a character string AND another
- Use REXX as an Edit macro. Find a character string OR another
- Use REXX as an Edit macro. Find one character string BUT NOT the other
- Use REXX as an Edit macro that will prefix lines of the file being edited with a character string
- Use REXX as an Edit macro that will suffix lines of the file being edited with a character string
- SQL: Is this a Table or a View?
- SQL: What is the text of my View?
- SQL: The View XXXXXX refers to base table or view ??????
- SQL: What are the views on my base table?
- SQL: Where does my table live?
- SQL: What is my tablespace like?
- SQL: Tell me about indexes on my table.
- SQL: Does my table have a foreign key?
- SQL: What are my foreign keys and what tables do they reference?
- SQL: Referential integrity listed by parent table
- SQL: Referential integrity listed by dependent table
- SQL: Which tables have a primary key?
- SQL: What are the primary key columns of my table?
- SQL: What plans refer to my table?
- SQL: What packages refer to my table?
- SQL: What are my plan authorizations
- SQL: What tables are in my database?
Search for Books at Amazon.com
Books for Computer Professionals
Site Map and Site Search
Programming Manuals and Tutorials
The REXX Files
| Top of Page