Welcome to my web site: The American Programmer.com.
- It's IBM Mainframe, MVS, OS390, zOS, System z, AS/400, iSeries, midrange System i.
and information about AS/400 iSeries, SQL, REXX, DB2, TSO, ISPF Dialogue Manager,
COBOL, z/OS, CICS, IMS, abend codes, JCL, JES, VSAM, Tivoli and Assembler
This on-line Mainframe
has books that are hard to find
on the shelves of bookstores.
We have tried to find all the mainframe and midrange books that are currently available.
We have organized them so that they are easy to find.
The mainframe is huge, with many more applications than are shown here. Unlike dinosaurs, it is
slick and intelligent, and not on the way to extinction. Today’s mainframe supports everything
that is worth supporting, including
web servers, HTML, XML and Unix.
- The internal representation on the IBM mainframe is
as opposed to ASCII on most other systems.
The mainframe supports many other languages that are not shown on this website.
Program development system:
home of ISPF,
the ISPF Editor, and
ISPF Editor Macros.
Database management systems:
Online transaction management systems:
IBM publishes manuals for all its products. You will find many of these manuals
arranged hopefully in a useful form
- Book on the REXX Language on TSO
- REXX Language Functions Book
- The Just Enough Series: Mainframe Minibooks on Abends, TSO, ISPF, JCL, REXX, Macros, QMF, SQL
- Running ISPF in Batch Tutorial
- Abend codes Tutorial
- SQLcodes Tutorial
- Examples of SQL Sample Code Tutorial
- VSAM and QSAM file status Tutorial
- TSO Line Mode Commands
- Writing TSO/ISPF Editor Macros with REXX
- Executing SQL in a batch job
- IDCAMS Program Examples
- Syncsort SORT Program Examples IERRCO00
- REXX Language Programming: Bubble Sort
- ISPF Variables and ISPF Control Variables
- ISPF/TSO/MVS Ways to Execute a Rexx Program
- REXX Comparison operators
- Reserved REXX Variables
- REXX Debugging: the TRACE verb
- Using Spufi to Execute Your SQL
- Using QMF to Execute Your SQL
- SQL embedded in COBOL singleton SELECT
- COBOL model programs. Examples of program logic
- What is EBCDIC like? How is EBCDIC like ASCII? Hex codes.
- DB2 SQL View
|Books for Computer Professionals
- Books on the IBM AS400 (OS400)
- Books on SQL, DB2, UDB, Databases
- Books on REXX
- My books on REXX
- Books on CICS
- Books on COBOL
- My Book on TSO/ISPF Dialogue Manager
- Books on Unix
- Books on JCL
- Books on Java, Jakarta Struts, J2EE, JavaBeans, Eclipse
- View the Just Enough Series: Mainframe Minibooks on Abends, TSO, ISPF, JCL, REXX, Macros, QMF, SQL
- Books on MVS, Assembler, TSO, IMS, CLIST, VSAM, Focus
- Books on SAS (Statistical Analysis System)
- Books on Tivoli and WebSphere
- Books on Visual Basic, .NET, ADO.NET
- Computer Magazines
- Computer Books available on this site
- Books on Programming as a career, Programming jobs